Forbes has revealed its 30 Under 30 for 2016, including a category for games.
YouTuber Jordan Maron (aka on YouTube) is featured most prominently on . Maron says when he started posting videos, he wasn’t setting out to get famous. Instead, he just “wanted to get better at Call of Duty.” He has over nine million subscribers on YouTube.
Other games people included are Indie Megabooth co-founder Christopher Floyd, designer Nina Freeman, and developer Zoe Quinn. The full list can be seen below:
- Jordan Maron, 23 – YouTuber, Founder of Xreal
- Alex Beaucum, 27 – Creative director, Mobius Digital
- Finn Brice, 28 – Founder, Chuckflish Limited
- Tommaso Checchi, 26 – Game developer, Mojang AB
- Adriaan de Jongh, 25 – Game designer, Self-employed
- Eefje Depoortere, 28 – Esports host, Riot Games
- Andy Dudynsky, 25 – Community manager, 343 Industries
- Mark Essen, 29 – Co-founder, Messhof LLC
- Carl-Arvid Ewerbring, 27 – Founder, Resolution Games
- Christopher Floyd, 28 – Co-founder, Indie Megabooth
- Nina Freeman, 25 – Game designer, Fullbright
- Tyler Glaiel, 25 – Owner, Eyebrow Interactive
- Devin Horsman, 29 – Technical director, River Studios Canada
- Meg Jayanth, 28 – Writer, Self-employed
- Ben Kane, 29 – Co-founder, Steel Crate Games
- Trent Kusters, 29 – Co-founder, League of Geeks
- Naomi Ladizinsky, 29 – Chief creative officer, Nix Hydra
- Aradhya Malhotra, 25 – Co-founder, Skyless Game Studios
- Nate Mitchell, 28 – Co-founder, Oculus VR
- Zoe Quinn, 28 – Co-founder, Crash Override Network
- Sonja Reid, 24 – Content creator, Self-employed
- David Rosen, 29 – CEO, Wolfire Games
- Ashley Ruhl, 28 – Cinematic designer, Telltale Games
- Thomas Silloway, 29 – Director of development, Psyonix
- Andy Sum, 25 – Co-founder, Hipster Whale
- Jordan Tayer, 29 – Influencer relations manager, Twitch
- Adriel Wallick, 29 – Game developer, MsMinotaur
- Gavan Wilhite, 27 – Co-founder, Altspace VR
- Lydia Winters, 28 – Brand director, Mojang
- Matt Zitzmann, 29 – Co-founder, Kamcord
This year’s judges consisted of esports broadcaster Sean “Day9” Plott, game designer Brenda Romero, and Xbox head Phil Spencer.
Reporters at Forbes asked questions to find out as much as they could about this year’s 30 Under 30 class. One of the questions was who their dream mentor would be and the responses included Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk, and the late Steve Jobs.
Last year’s list included developer Mike Bithell, professional Call of Duty player Matthew “NaDeSHoT” Haag, and YouTuber Felix “PewDiePie” Kjellberg.