BaseTradeTV has rescheduled their first Control-only tournament, featuring a base prize pool of $510, to April 19th!â€‹
Amidst a storm of debate over the right way to do competitive Overwatch, BaseTradeTVÂ stands out with the way their tournament is set up. As a Control-only tournament, there is no offense or defense, and therefore, no stopwatch. Instead two teams face off on a symmetrical map, juking it out to gain control of the point that sits in the middle. With OnlyWatch, we get a chance to see what a Control-based tournament might be.
With their OnlyWatch tournament, BaseTradeTV stands to impress with nail-biting games between teams both new and old. The tournament is open, and signups for it will be done through GosuGamers here. Last weekâ€™s tournament made for some exciting games, and you can expect this one to as well. Teams will duke it out for control of the point and a prize of $510 increasable by Matcherino donations, as well as 6 Corsair Headsets and Blizzard Overwatch hats.
- April 19th, starting at 10:00am PDT
- Single elimination open bracket, open to all but played only on European servers
- All matches Bo3 until Bo5 finals
- All matches played on Control (Ilios, Lijang Tower, Nepal)
- Teams coinflip to choose first map, then loser picks the next one
- Prize pool: $510 + MatcherinoÂ + 6 Corsair Headsets + Blizzard Overwatch hats
- Casters: Rifkin, ZombieGrub, and DrennocÂ on the BaseTradeTV Twitch channel
Registrations for OnlyWatch are now open on GosuGamers here.
For more information, check out BaseTradeTVâ€™s official pageÂ for this installment of OnlyWatch.
For more competitive Overwatch news, follow us on @GosuOverwatch.